Lily turned two on Sunday! I can't believe she's been living with us for a whole two years! We get along well, but she still knows how to push my buttons. Especially on weekend mornings when she comes and plays on my people's bed...while I'm on it. She has not learned (my people haven't learned either) that it's actually
my bed. I just let them use it at night.
Anyway, the scheduling was a little goofy this year, so instead of doing a party, my people decided to just celebrate with each set of grandparents when they saw them during the week. First Grandma and Grandpa Wagner came over. They all went out to dinner and then came back for cake and presents. Lily wasn't sure what to do with the candles on her cake, but with some help from Grandma, she got them blown out. However, she was a bit concerned about the "fire" being "hot". She's a bright one, I tell ya.

On Thursday, Thanksgiving, my people went to Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's house. Lily got to enjoy another piece of cake there. She really didn't like the fire that time. Papa Dean had to blow out the candles for her. She did, however, enjoy her cupcake as evidenced by the icing mustache.

Finally on Sunday, her actual birthday, my bald person and tall girl person gave Lily her presents and let her have another cupcake. She really had no interest in the candles this time, so Baldy blew them out for her. You can see, she still enjoyed the chocolate icing though.

I think Lily really enjoyed the three birthday celebration arrangement. Who wouldn't? A piece of cake and two cupcakes in the span of a couple of days? I think that's a two year old's dream. I know it's my dream, at least. My people don't even know when my birthday is though, so fat chance of me ever getting three birthday celebrations...I digress...
Oh, and to top it all off, it snowed on her birthday just like on the day she was born! Well, not
just like the day she was born. There wasn't nearly as much, there was no ice and no one lost power, but there was white stuff on the ground and that's all that really matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment