Thursday, April 1, 2010

The One Where Being Stealthy Backfires

So, remember how I told you I got my nails trimmed recently and was very stealthy and able to sneak up on my people? Well, today that backfired. My girl people were downstairs moving laundry around when I decided to go down and check things out. They didn't hear me come into the laundry room. When they were done, they closed the door, headed upstairs and then off to the grocery store. When they got home, Lily started looking for me all over the house. She asked my tall person where I was and she didn't know either. She thought maybe I had been left outside, but I wasn't there. Then she thought maybe I had gotten shut in downstairs. She stood at the gate at the top of the stairs and called my name, but I didn't come (since I was stuck behind a door and all). They finally came downstairs to look assuming I was hanging out in my crate or maybe asleep on the couch. It wasn't until they finally heard me whine from behind the laundry room door that they realized what had happened. And that, my friends, is the downside to being a dog with short nails.

No comments: