Late one evening at the end of October, my tall girl person decided she wanted to do a Thanksgiving type craft with Lily. She took some construction paper and cut out a turkey along with 25 feathers, one for every day leading up to Thanksgiving. Each day, she asked Lily what she was thankful for, wrote it on a feather and added it to the turkey. By Thanksgiving, the turkey had a big, pretty tail.
When Katie would ask Lily what she was thankful for, Lily would usually just look around the room and pick the first object she saw. That makes for some pretty hilarious feathers like "coffee cups for daddy" and "chairs". There are some thoughtful feathers on there too though like "cousins" and "grandmas and grandpas". I think my favorite is "bones for Norm." I'm thankful for those too, even though I don't get them very often anymore.

Maybe next year Katie will plan ahead so half of the feathers aren't written upside down.
No comments:
Post a Comment