We've moved back home! The inside of the house was finished a week ago Thursday (8/11/11). My big people spent that weekend unpacking and getting ready for the kiddos to come home. The kids moved home on Tuesday (8/16/11) and I came home on Thursday (8/18/11). I would've come home on Tuesday, but once the rest of the stuff from Grandma and Grandpa's house was packed in the car, there was no room for me. I see where their priorities are. I have not quite settled in. My wooden fence is still missing large sections and the electric fence has a break in the line somewhere, so that means I have to go out on a leash. Not fun. My people can't put area rugs on their newly refinished wood floors yet, so there's not a good place for me to lay down in the living room and dining room. They went ahead and put my new dog bed down in the bedroom, but it doesn't compare to the Sleep Number bed I got used to at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I sometimes get so nervous I start shaking, which isn't new for me, but it happens quite a bit now. I think I'll settle down soon though.
As far as the house goes, the inside is done. My people just need to finish unpacking and decorating. There's still work to do on the outside. The fence needs to be fixed and the house still needs to be painted. There's still a ginormous dumpster in the driveway and a ton of stuff in the garage, making it hard for the kids to ride their bikes and such. It'll all come together eventually though.
We're all very happy to be home and would like to give a huge thank you to Grandma Polly, Papa Jerry, Nome and Hawkeye for letting us crash at their house for four months!
16 years ago
2 comments:
Congrats!!!!
Glad you are all home!
Post a Comment