Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Tackle

Since I'm on this steroid medication, Katie now has to let me out during the day. She's been a little uneasy about doing this ever since I took off on her while she was really big with Lily in her belly. I made her cry and ever since then, she doesn't let me out when she's home by herself. Normally that works out just fine, but she doesn't have much of a choice while I'm taking steroids. Anyway, it snowed yesterday and I was really itching to get out. She got all bundled up and went out with me. I guess she thought I wouldn't jump if she stood and guarded the gate. Little did she know that I'd still try. I took off from across the yard at full speed. I had to do a little jig to get around her. Turns out she has faster reflexes than I anticipated. She was able to tackle me to the ground before I could jump. She then drug me into the house by my collar. Maybe I'll give it another shot today...if she lets me out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousin - you just need a little more experience. I snuck right past my girl person the other day. She had no idea. It was my guy person who discovered I was gone. I must've been out exploring for a couple of hours. It was wonderful! Then, Tim and the little people (they affectionately refer to them as Ben and Sam) got in the van and went on a dog-hunt. They hunted the "Hunter" down. Tim yelled at me from the van, so I took off! He did catch up with me, though. I was forced into the van (like a kidnapping on those movies they watch)and then they made me stay in the back yard a while as "punishment". I have them so trained and they don't even know it!

Jersey said...

Awesome. Good work, Norm.

If you ever figure out how to jump over the big portions of the fence, you'll be home free! And when you do -- teach me. I'm still stuck with digging, which is a little harder with all this hard, cold, white stuff.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you would want to get by people? What would you do once you left them? What else is there to do except being around people? My owner is home today so we were playing. He is now wanting me to stop and wait after I have already gone after the ball. It is very confusing. Here is another dog that likes to do stuff like that.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5249518974978628334&pr=goog-sl