Wednesday, June 6, 2007

6 Month Check-Up

Lily went to the doctor on Monday for her 6 month check-up. Whenever Katie gets back from these, I hear her on the phone giving people Lily's "stats" and reporting on how the visit went. I thought I'd share what I overheard.

She's now 13 lbs. 3 oz. and 24". That's in the fifth to tenth percentile for both height and weight...the doctor likes to call her "petite", but he says that doesn't really predict anything long term. I have never been called "petite", but sometimes Greg and Katie call me "dainty" when I cross my paws. I'm not sure I like this description, but I will continue to lay like a proper dog and cross my paws. I digress...

They tested Lily's vision this time and it's 20/20. I really can't imagine how they go about testing a baby's vision, but they did. The doctor also gave Katie the name of an eye doctor to contact about Lily's blocked tear duct. I guess she's supposed to call him sometime in the next month or two to have it checked out. They may have to clean it out.

Finally, she got 5 more vaccinations. Sheesh, if I were her I would dread going to the doctor. It sounds like they stick her every time she goes!

Lily is starting to babble quite a bit and can clearly say "Mamamama" and "Babababa". She loves to grab my paws when I'm nearby. I'm learning to leave when I get annoyed. This little person is really teaching me a lot about patience. I do good with her, but I still like to bug Greg and Katie. I think my favorite thing to do is stand and stare at them while they watch TV. It drives them crazy. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and find a good hiding spot now...before the little person is mobile. Yes, you heard me right. She WILL eventually be able to freely move about. Shocking, I know. She will be fascinated with your ears - my littlest person sometimes tries to taste mine. Anyway, take advice from your older, wiser cousin...HIDE!!!

BaileyDog said...

You should try to save Greg and Katie some time and money by just licking that little girl's tear duct out. They'll be grateful, and it'll taste great, I'm sure...