Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie

The attic has one less tenant. I would like to tell you that I took care of him all on my own, but that would not be fair to baldy. It turns out that one little birdie worked his way down into the walls and found his way all the way to the basement. My guy person caught him in a bucket and let him free in the back yard. That is when I picked up on the trail. Once again, my excellent hunting instincts kicked in and I took care of business. Terrified, flightless, baby birds don't have a chance when I am around.

There are currently no chirps coming from the attic. It's possible that all the residents are gone now. I guess we'll find out tonight.

2 comments:

Jersey said...

Tell Baldy to check his insulation. If a little bird can go from attic to basement without too much trouble . . . might be a little extra room in there.

If you think there are more residents in the attic, you'll smell 'em soon enough. Good luck, Norm!

Katie said...

I think he said that the flashing wasn't replaced around the drain when our hall bathroom was redone, so the bird had a straight shot to the basement. The bird was actually loose in the utility room all day. Greg had to look for him.