Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Walks

I see that Bailey and his tall owner are training for a half marathon. All I have to say to them is "You're crazy." It's been a while since I've gotten to go on a walk, but I've been on two in the last two days. Boy, am I tired! Katie took Lily and I out on Monday. It was the first time I had walked with the stroller and only one owner. I had a feeling Katie would throw me back in the house if it didn't look like I would cooperate, so I did good for her. I only pulled hard enough to be a little annoying, not to make it impossible to handle me and the stroller at the same time. It was a great time. I love walks! I was super tired when we got back though and all Lily wanted to do was pull on my tail. That made it nearly impossible to lay down and relax, since I constantly had to get up and move to get her off my back.

The entire family went for a walk yesterday evening. Here's a picture (There was no way they were getting me to pose next to that stroller thing).

It turns out we have our own Star Wars kid here in the neighborhood. There was a boy who looked to be about 11 years old in his front yard with a double light sabre practicing his jedi moves. When we walked by, he would do all sorts of twirls and jumps as if he were actually attacking us. It was hilarious.

Lily's going to "Laptime Storytime" at the library today. I'm a little bummed that I don't get to go. I wouldn't cause a scene. Promise.

2 comments:

BaileyDog said...

Seeing that man suffer with the "nipple chaffing" left the owners and I quite disturbed. I would hate for that to happen to him, so I have a plan. Tonight, when he's applying the paw wax to my hurtin' dogs, I'm gonna swipe his nipples under his shirt and rub any extra wax off of my paws. We will be chaffing free. BTW, I think you guys should start jogging too, the Lilster would really like the wind blowing through her hair, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey Norm! Sorry I've not spoken to you in a while. My people moved to a place called South Carolina. I can't stay with them right now, so I am temporarily with this other family. I finally got to their computer. Anyway, glad you got to go on walks. I have to say this other family is pretty great. We go on walks like every day! They don't have "little" people, so it's ALL about ME!!! I'm enjoying myself. I get bathed more often; you have to take the good with the bad, I guess. I'm also on this special diet food, and I am looking pretty darn good, esp. for an old dog like me. I think I get "visitation" with my people tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing them. Give Lily a lick for me.