The other night Lily had just taken a bath and was ready for bed when the Pattonville Fire Department came through the neighborhood. An SUV, ambulance and pick-up pulling a flat bed trailer slowly came down the street with their lights and sirens on with someone on a bullhorn saying "Come out and see Santa!" We had forgotten they do this every year. It was perfect because Lily hadn't seen Santa yet. So, my people put her coat and hat on and took her outside. Instead of elves, firefighters assist Santa. Katie handed Lily over and the nice fireman set her on Santa's lap. Lily didn't cry at all, just stared at Greg and Katie with a look like "What are you doing to me?" Here's the picture. I think it's funny that Lily's in her pajamas. Of course, I watched all of this from inside the front door. Btw, is it just me or does Santa look like he can't be much older than 20?

Last weekend, we got our first big snow of the season. I'd say a good 6 or 7 inches fell. I had a lot of fun running in it. My people took Lily out to see what she would do. She just sat in it until her bottom got cold, then she cried. I bet she likes it better once she's walking...maybe the next snow storm that comes through.

And just for your viewing pleasure, here's a picture of me relaxing on the couch. This is as far as my people will let me get up. It seems pretty silly to me, they may as well let me get all the way up.

I don't know if you noticed the edging on the coffee table. My people just added that this past weekend. Something about protecting Lily while she learns how to walk...
No comments:
Post a Comment