Saturday, December 26, 2009

Henry Dean

It's been busy around here this week. On Saturday, my people went to their church's Christmas Drummer Boy service. All of that drumming must've disturbed the baby in my girl person's belly because they came home and were talking about contractions and how maybe they should get their bag ready. I guess nothing ever came of that though because they went to a Christmas party that night and came home just like normal.

On Sunday, they spent the day celebrating Christmas with Baldy's family from out of town. Then, in the wee hours of Monday morning, things got weird. Around 3:30 a.m. (yes, I can read the clock) my girl person woke up and started turning lights on. She woke up Baldy and said something about her water breaking. She made a couple of phone calls, they both started getting bags together for everyone in the family and then Grandma Polly showed up at the house. I had no idea what was going on. My people left and I didn't see them again for several days. I went to stay at Grandma Polly and Papa Jerry's house and when I came home, this was waiting for me...

This is Henry Dean. He was born on December 21 at 6:09 a.m. I'm just a dog, so math isn't my strong suit. However, if I calculate correctly, that's only about 2-1/2 hours after all the commotion started at home. He weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20" long. I hear he had to spend a day in the Special Care Nursery because he had a little fluid in his lungs, but everything's fine now.

I'm an old pro at this baby thing now. When I got home I just sniffed him and then went to my spot on the bed. I perk up a bit when he cries, but generally leave him alone. Sometimes I hear my people comment on how he already has dog hair on his stuff and sometimes in his mouth. That makes me smile on the inside.

You can click here to view his professional hospital pictures. Click on the picture below to see pictures from their stay at the hospital.


Baby Henry - Hospital

1 comment:

Brian said...

Congrats, Norm and Family!