Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Games & Squirrels

I've discovered a new game. I wait until Katie gets Lily down for a nap and then I bark at something outside. It sounds simple enough, but it's actually pretty tricky. I have to get the timing just right. If I wait too long, Lily's sleeping good and won't wake up. If I bark too soon, she's still awake and isn't bothered by it. I have to wait until she just falls asleep. Then I startle her and make her cry. It's great. Katie always gets mad at me and sometimes smacks my nose, but it's totally worth it.

The squirrels in my backyard are tormenting me. They know I like to lay by the back door and survey my domain, so they come onto the patio and make faces at me. It drives me nuts. I bark (if I'm lucky the timing is just right...see above) and paw at the door. That scares them off the patio, but not out of the yard. I beg Katie to let me out so I can chase them, but she never does. I guess she's afraid I'll jump the gate or something. Besides, she's usually too worked up about me barking to even think about letting me outside. One of these days I'll be able to catch one of those little suckers and show them who's boss.

2 comments:

BaileyDog said...

I almost nabbed two rabbits last night when the short one let me out before bed. I'm not really even sure how I saw them in the dark and through the metal door (must be my x-ray night vision skills), but I stealthily went sprinting out the door as soon as she opened it. Those stupid rabbits tricked me by splitting up and going in opposite directions in the yard. How is one supposed to decide which one to chase? I'll get my revenge some day...

fuzzy said...

Oh Norm: You've got to cool it. Never let the squirrels or mouses know that you are upset. Just stare at them, then close your eyes. Eventually they will go away.