Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

It turns out that my pre-season favorite to win the championship was snubbed by the Selection Committee. Maybe next year my Tigers will come through for me. With no Tigers to cheer for, I will be putting all of my energy into rooting for opponents of Kansas. First up is Niagara. I fully expect the Purple Eagles to pluck the eyes out of the lowly Chickenhawks this week. You may laugh at my bold prediction, but Kansas has lost in the first round the past 2 years. Last year, #4 seed Kansas lost to #13 seed Bradley. In 2005, #3 seed Kansas lost to #14 seed Bucknell. Those who are old enough (I'm not) may recall that in 2002 #1 seed Kansas came perilously close to losing to #16 seed Holy Cross. So, this Friday, the Niagara Purple Eagles will temporarily become my favorite team.

1 comment:

bcmtim said...

Niagrara will be forever remembered as the team that took out a #1. Good choice. I will root with you as well.