Monday, January 29, 2007

2 Month Check-Up

Lily went for her 2 month check-up today. I overheard Katie telling Greg about it when she got home. Lily weighs 9 lbs. 5 oz. now. She's up nearly 3 lbs. from her last visit a month ago. She's 21-1/4" long. She's now in the 10th percentile for both height and weight. She had to get 5 vaccines...1 oral and 4 shots. Ouch! Katie said she screamed when they stuck her (I don't blame her), but calmed down quickly afterwards. I wonder if she's going to cry a lot tonight? I would imagine her legs will be pretty sore where they stuck her. This may be a good evening to hang out in the basement by myself.

A photographer came by the house on Saturday and took some pictures of Lily. Katie tried to snap a few from the side as she watched. Here's one. I'm guessing the photographer's version will look better since she was actually in front of Lily. Anyway, gotta love the Mizzou theme.

2 comments:

BaileyDog said...

Oh my GOSH! Greg's got no business getting angry at you for getting close to Lily, they let her play with TIGERS! This is unbelievable. She looks terrified, I hope you were there to demonstrate your mad animal destruction skills on it.

Stephanie said...

Norm-- I've always wondered what a dog thinks and sees things. You do an EXCELLENT job! You brought many smiles to my face. When it comes to trying to give Lily a kiss just be patient. Your people are lst time parents and most lst time parents tend to get a little excited. As time goes on it'll get better. It sounds to me like you're a VERY loving & protective dog--just try and cool it with your "adventures". It probably scares your people. Please continue to watch out for Greg, Katie and Lily--they're special!!!
I'll keep watching for more info!!
Stephanie (Phyllis' mom)