My Tigers beat up on Colorado last night and recorded their first conference victory. This lifted my spirits quite a bit. I have been pretty depressed ever since they barely lost to the chickenhawks last week.
Downed limbs
Snow
Shortly after the branches were taken away, more nasty stuff started falling from the sky. Although, this time, it was soft and not quite as slippery. It can be a lot of fun to play in if you don't mind getting a little cold. Sunday morning, Greg and I headed to the back yard for some good clean fun in the snow. Greg complained about not being able to install his fence again. While I ran around, he pushed around a big ball of snow. I got bored and decided to go check out the neighborhood. I knew it would upset Greg, but I just couldn't resist.
I took off into the woods. Greg tried to chase, but he just can't keep up. Usually he gives up and goes home pretty quick. However, this time he followed my tracks in the snow. I didn't care. I knew he couldn't catch me. I toyed with him for a few minutes. I would stay kind of close to give him hope. I even layed down in the snow a couple of times. After luring him away from the homestead quite a ways, I made my real break. I thought it was pretty funny knowing that he would have to walk all the way back to the house.
I took quite the walk that morning. I was all over the neighborhood. I spotted Greg in his big moving box a couple of times. His senses are not as keen as mine. He never spotted me. He seemed to be following my tracks in the snow along the road. So, I doubled back around once he passed me and was free to run for a couple more minutes. Eventually, my feet got pretty cold, so I headed home. I was glad to see Greg was there waiting for me. I thought he might get lost without me to lead him home. We decided to play in the snow some more. He would make small balls of snow and toss them to me. It was a lot of fun dodging and eating the snow. Although, Greg seemed a bit grumpy.
We eventually went back inside to warm up. I have Greg trained to wipe my feet for me when it is wet outside. He noted that my back paws were pretty raw and little bloody. I didn't care. that little bit of pain was totally worth the adventure.
No privacy
On a competely unrelated note, I have not been able to get any privacy at all this week. Every time I go outside to take care of business, Greg is out there staring at me. He's been acting weird lately.
GPS collar
I found this GPS collar on the internet today. It would be fun to show Greg how fast and far I can run. Maybe he would finally stop trying to keep up when I go out for a stroll.
Lily Update
Here are a few recent pictures of Lily. She keeps eating like a horse and has gotten a lot bigger. I understand that she will have an official weigh in next week. You will notice that I am "guarding" her in one of the shots. At least, that is what my people call it. Really, I'm just enjoying the constant stream of delicious aromas coming from Lily.
On a related note, a few days ago, Lily pooped all over herself and Katie. I can't figure out why she doesn't just go outside to take care of business. You don't see me pooping all over myself. My people seem rather disgusted at times. To be honest, I do think it is a little gross. Regardless, the
Updated Snowman pictures
Here are a couple of more pictures of my stuffed snowman. You will notice in the second picture that the tennis ball has been shredded. I'm quite impressed with myself. This was complete and utter destruction.
Baxter & Guinness
Here is a picture of some friends from Florida. We have formally met yet, but I hear stories. They have a blog of their own now also. Guinness is the younger one in the picture below.
Dirty Tricks
I took a walk with Greg this morning. We used a new route. I was rather upset when we arrived at the vet's office. I hate that place. They are always poking and prodding me. They gang up on me and hold me down. Most of the time, I have to wear that stupid "party hat". I was so upset with this surpise that I vowed to not let them trim my nails at all costs. I won. Although, when we were leaving, they gave Greg a bottle of doggy valium and a pamphlet about an in home dog behavior counselor. I'm not sure what that is all about. That's all I have for now. I'm off to take a nap in the sun.
2 comments:
Dang, I bet that your front paws were bloody from all that typing Norm. You should really be careful Norm, it sounds like the humans have had enough of your antics...
A doggy counselor??? HELLO??
What kind of dog needs a counselor?
That is all. I have to go to doggy day care and then to my training class where me and my friends lead our people around like a bunch of idiots. It's HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment