Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rough Times

Greg and I have been butting heads a bit the past couple of days. The other night, after polishing off the snowman (I need to update the snowman blog with more pictures), I wasn't feeling so great. I convinced Katie to let me out so I could take care of business. Since I was out and it wasn't quite time for bed yet, I decided to take a stroll. By the time I got back, Greg was pretty upset with me. I retreated to my safe place, the crate in the basement, in order to stay out of his way. He quickly calmed down and all was right with the world once again.

Last night, Lily smelled especially good. I was trying to get close in order to more fully enjoy it. Her little hand dropped down close to my nose and I tried to lick it. Greg flew off the couch, chased me around the room, grabbed my collar, dragged me to the basement and locked me in my crate. He kept saying something about keeping my mouth closed when near Lily. All I wanted was a little lick. I think maybe I will keep my distance from her for a few days.

Later that night, after my release, I headed to bed a little early. In an effort to mend fences a bit, I decided to warm up Greg's side of the bed. He never seems appreciative of all the things I do for him. Last night was no exception. He kept pushing me and complaining and not getting any respect. If he would just learn to curl up into a ball like me, he would have plenty of room. But no, he has to sleep with his long legs spread all over the place. I finally gave up and retreated to my alternate bed. They rarely bother me back there.

Hopefully today will be a better day. Maybe I'll try to catch a rabbit or a squirrel for Greg. That ought to cheer him up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep-I know what you mean about people not appreciating you keeping their spot in bed warm. I really like to sleep on Gretchen's pillow during the day, so it's nice and warm and broken in for her at night. All she does is roll her eyes and brush my hair off. Can you believe it? Like my hair is not "good enough" for her to sleep on. I mean, really. If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for her. It's so insulting. Oh, well.

BaileyDog said...

Never mend fences Norm, just jump over them...