Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The Great Escape...Almost

This new little person in my house sure has disrupted my routine. All I want to do is rest peacefully, but her gurgling and squeeking noises keep me on edge. I'm so tired! My people are trying to give me attention, but it's just not the same. When Greg let me out last night, I decided I'd had enough. I tried to make a break for it by jumping the gate. I'm a pro at that. I love to send Greg and Katie...particularly Katie...on wild goose chases through the neighborhood. It's great fun. I did it one time when she was pretty big in the belly and managed to get her to cry. It was awesome. I was also able to catch a ride in her car for the first time. I'll have to tell the story in another post some day. Anyway, last night I only made it across the street before Greg came and got me. I'll have to plan better for next time. Maybe I'll bolt into the woods instead of just wandering across the street. Better yet, maybe I'll wait until it's Katie who's letting me out.

3 comments:

BaileyDog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BaileyDog said...

Norm, it's not cool to run away. That's so puppyish, but I guess I shouldn't expect any better from a mangy mutt like you. If I were to do something like that I'd make my owners pretty ticked off at me, then no treats, no petting, etc... I may be more sophisticated than the average, (or below average) dog, but I have found that making my underlings... I mean owners... happy is the way to go.

Jersey said...

Okay, now it's Bailey who's the pansy. Obviously you always want to take every opportunity to explore the world -- you might find new people who want to be your friend, or give you FOOD! I enjoy digging UNDER my fence. Particularly in those areas where my people just buried this water pusher thingy. It's very interesting. The fence is far too difficult to jump -- it's taller than my people. Even the meaner one who gets all worked up when I'm testing his food for poison (just trying to protect!!).

All this and I've still got my people trained -- especially the one with the red top. She's great. All I have to do is make a butt-load of noise at 6:00am (I prefer scratching incessantly with intermitten whining) and she hops out of bed and takes me for a walk. How great is that?

Tree update: almost all the ornaments are down. They keep moving them up, but that just adds to the challenge. Two days ago I used the lights as a ladder to get to this one evil ornament -- it was eyeing me down and I don't put up with that crap.