Friday, December 8, 2006

No appreciation...

I get no appreciation around here. Today, I braved the gauntlet of mousetraps on the couch so that I could stand guard at the front window. Do I get any thanks? No. Katie just laughs at me as I try not to lose a paw while getting off of the treacherous sofa back.

Oh, and in response to Fuzzy's comment from two posts ago... I am not scared of mice. My people are. Apparently they think the mice like to curl up on the couch. I can say that in all the nights I have spent on the couch, I never once saw a mouse there. I don't understand it.


3 comments:

BaileyDog said...

Dang Norm, you are more brave than me. I don't get anywhere near those things. I'm not really afraid of mice, but those traps are horrendous.

Anonymous said...

You know if you would have trained your people earlier in life you wouldn't have to brave those mice traps. I now have full run of the house.

FYI: Once those little people start to get mobile you need to find some good hiding places. They can pull your tail at the most unopportune times.

fuzzy said...

Hey girly dog. You and your doggy friends all sound soooo brave around mouses. My people keep me as a mouser. I earn my way as a mouser. What exactly do you and your doggy friends do to earn your way. Tip-toeing across the mousey couch doesn't count.