Friday, December 8, 2006

Self Guided Neighborhood Tours

I have been getting a little antsy lately. My people never leave anymore. Lily seems to be here to stay. Other people keep coming by to visit. I used to love visitors back when people actually came to see me. Lately, everybody comes to see Lily. I'm not sure how she did it, but she has everybody wrapped around her tiny little fingers already.

Anyway, I decided to get some fresh air and stretch my legs a bit this morning. I have Greg timed pretty well now. When he lets me out, I know he isn't watching very close for about a minute. As soon as I got outside, I made a run for it. That little fence is no challenge for me. I probably had a 60 second head start before Greg had a clue. By then, I was headed into the woods behind the yard. It was a nice little outing. I briefly taunted Turbo (Pomeranian that lives across the street) and then headed down the tree & brush covered hill. There is all sorts of good stuff to sniff and pee on down there. I spotted a couple of rabbits but wasn't able to catch up to say hi. Those little buggers are fast.

After a few minutes, I started to get cold (that cold icy stuff is still all over everything). I began to head back to the house when I spotted Greg. I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think he was in the mood for a walk. I thought it would be a good time to play one of our favorite games. It's kinda like Red Rover, except it is just me and Greg. I run as fast as I can right at him and he tries to catch me. It's a lot of fun. Apparently he has been practicing. He caught me on the first pass. I'm glad though. My paws were almost frozen by that point. It was time to go inside. Maybe I'll take another walk this afternoon after it warms up a bit...

1 comment:

BaileyDog said...

Norm, that sounds like a total blast. It sounds like Greg, your "owner", is really coming around. I dream of catching one of those buggers some day. Maybe you could convince Greg to get you some of those sock thingys so your paws don't get so cold in the white stuff. I like the white stuff. Next time you run at Greg, try shooting between his legs, that could be fun.